You only get one chance to make a first impression. What your callers hear first when they dial your phone number can make all the difference. With every Voice Mail Depot phone number, you have the option
of recording your own custom outgoing greeting for your callers.
What Do I Need to Know?
- Your outgoing voicemail greetings can be up to 5 minutes long.
- You can change your outgoing greeting whenever you like.
- Each voicemail box also comes equipped with an optional temporary / holiday greeting.
- We can professionally record your greeting for you in either a male or female voice.
- Already have a professional greeting recorded? Send us the file, and we can upload it to your mailbox.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does the temporary greeting work?
Temporary / holiday greetings allow you to overwrite your normal greeting temporarily, without deleting or losing your regular greeting. If you record a temporary greeting on your mailbox, your
callers will hear that new greeting until you delete it, at which point your callers will hear your normal greeting again.
How long should my outgoing greeting be?
Typically, your outgoing greeting should be less than 1 minute long if you expect your callers to leave a message. Try to keep your greeting professional, but also as short as possible. It's
usually a good idea to remind your callers to leave a contact phone number where you can reach them.
Do my callers have to listen to my entire outgoing greeting?
No, your callers can easily bypass your outgoing greeting by pressing the pound (#) key and skip straight to leaving a message. If you have a company directory with multiple extensions, callers can also bypass the
main company greeting by simply pressing the extension number they want.